Saturday, 25 October 2008

WE DID IT

Brooklyn is now officially potty trained. She has been dry at nights for 2 weeks so we made ourselves take the next step and let her sleep at night without diapers. That was 2 nights ago, and today I am saying that she is fully potty trained. It feels weird to me that she's not even quite 2 1/2 and she is completely done with diapers. Very exciting.

Now for something I'm a little skeptical about, but LeRoy thinks it's really happening, is that Emma is starting to copy words we say. I know, she's not quite 9 months, can this really be happening? But for about a week now she has said "mamama" and "dadada" in context relating to us. A few times before her nap today she seemed to have copied "nanana" for night night, and "bababa" for bye bye. So not clear words of course, but for first words (as it seems they are) they make sense. Brooklyn was not this early in talking, so I'm a little shocked. But maybe it is all coincidence, I don't know if we'll ever know for sure.

1 comment:

TheButterfly2 said...

exciting steps happening in your family! I WISH Alli was fully trained. we were so close at 15 months and with all our inconsistancy we are STILL far away at almost 26 months. *sigh* somedays are great then other days are terrible. Lately she is cutting molars and with me being sick on top of that she hasn't been doing well at all. *ggrrrr* Wish we were done with this. Congratulations Brooklyn! And Congratulations Emma! If you are pretty sure she says it in context, especially if she says it when you AREN'T saying it, then it probably IS her first words! Alli started saying both "Hi" and "daddy" around that age without prompting and using them right. I know I was unsure at first too if she really understood what she was saying or if it was just coincidence but once we started seeing that she always used them in the right way and without us coaching,we figured she must actually know. Very exciting Emma!