Thursday, 30 October 2008

So Many Feelings

I want to come home. That's almost all I'm feeling right now. I'm sick of having these days when I just can't focus on Spanish. I'm somehow getting my homework done, most of the time, but I can't seem to focus on it much at all. Today has been a horrible day for that especially. I have a dialog to remember for tomorrow morning, but I can't seem to practice the whole thing in one sitting. My mind just....poof....it's gone. At the moment I could even say "I quit". But I know, deep down somewhere in me, I can't and really don't want to. Most of the time I really do love learning another language, especially Spanish. I just wish I could jump ahead and know it all already.

Back to the wanting to come home part.....I want to come home. Yes this does sorta feel like home, but there's hardly anyone familiar here. I want to hang out with all our friends, and not have to think about what I am saying, how they are going to take it. I want to be with family and just sit back and watch the football game (or whatever else is on). I want to be in our home church, where I know what is being said, and singing familiar songs, and where we see all the familiar faces. This is getting once again harder knowing Christmas is on its way. We are very thankful to have most of our families coming to visit, but it's still not quite the same. We won't be able to be with all our family like most others can, and we can't be with friends when everyone else will be. We won't be able to have snow for the first time, which is actually extremely hard for me. Yes it's only snow, and most people hate it, but it's my favorite part of any season all year round. So yes, this is getting hard. Or maybe it's just this evening for me. It does seem to come and go sometimes.

On an exciting note, Brooklyn has started playing a little more with other kids throughout the day after daycare. She tells us stories about her different friends, using their names, and sometimes will even pray for them. So cute and exciting seeing her build friendships and being accepted by others.

2 comments:

Tara said...

maybe we should go out for ice cream :-) ok I know that doesn't solve all

TheButterfly2 said...

I'm sorry to hear you are so homesick. We will be moving to Winnipeg in about a month and even though that isn't far from our church or family and it's actually closer to some of our closest friends....I am scarred of even that! It's lonely and hard to try and fit into a new place and build those connections, especially when you are facing other challenges as well...like learning a new language. We pray for you guys and really miss you. I look forward to the fact that when our new little one is born you will be here to see him or her. I really hope you have some little moments soon that will help you feel more like home. Oh, and I can feel with you on the snow thing. snow is my favourite too and I would hate not to have it for Christmas. Wish I could send you some! I'll try and think of a way to make that possible ;o)