Thursday, 7 August 2008

We've Arrived and are Moving In

So we thought we'd have more time and internet access as we drove down here, but it turns out we didn't. So here is a rough idea of how our trip went. The girls did really well with driving so much, thanks to presents from grandparents, and some friends. We had trouble finding hotels 2 out of 4 of our nights, which meant driving another hour or so till the next town to sleep. But we eventually arrived here in Edinburg Tuesday evening. Spent another night at a motel and more swimming, and then came to find our new home Wednesday morning. We definitely have it nicer here than we were expecting, with lots of furniture and a slightly bigger apartment than our house in Steinbach. I hope we can soon take some pictures (once we're totally unpacked and it actually looks like a home) and post some so you can all see where we're living. I would say the girls are already getting use to this being home. Brooklyn mostly loves that she can have her toys again, and that there's a slide in the backyard (that we can't play with cause the mosquitoes are so bad from hurricane Dolly). Oh, and she has her very own bunk bed. That was an extremely exciting surprise for her. She wants Emma to sleep on top, but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon.

LeRoy and I are adjusting well. I miss home extremely much, and definitely have up and down moments. We are slowing unpacking and trying to get used to this heat. Thankfully we have AC that at least keeps us cooler than it is outside. Last night at 10:00 it was still 33 degrees Celcius.

We now have internet once again so you can all contact us that way, and we can update you all on how we're doing down here. We hope to have phone soon so we can let you all know what that number is too. If any of you have Skype, we do have that too.

I better get back to unpacking. Thank you all for praying for us as we travelled down, we definitely felt those prayers as absolutely nothing went wrong. We miss you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was greta to chat with you a bit today. Glad to hear its going well. We miss you too and look forward to talking again soon. Praying for you!

TheButterfly2 said...

:o) So happy to hear you arrived safely and traveling went well. It sounds like besides the heat everything is great out there and that is so good to hear! I already miss you out here as I was recently thinking about needing to head to Steinbach for something and then thought..."but there won't be anybody to visit!:o(" Would love to get some contact information from you sometime. You are in our prayers and once again we are so thankful to hear you are doing well!