We were privileged to finally meet our fellow missionaries from Mexico this week. They decided they wanted to come see us, meet us, and start getting to know each other. Don & Minna Thiessen (he was our prof at SBC) came along with Alvira Friesen and Elma Janzen and it was a great time of visiting, getting some info on Mexico and the different cities we may live in, and laughter. Plus we all got to go to Olive Garden for supper which was quite a treat for us.
We do know a little more now about where we may be and what we may be doing, so our minds are full of different things running through them. There are two cities that are options for us. We will be in one of them and our great friends Dallas and Tara will be in the other city. It's very nice to know we'll have friends and someone we know at least 2 1/2 hours away. For me, it gives me a bit more peace knowing I will know someone in the country. Someone we will be able to see every now and then. And depending which city we live in, will depend on what we'll be doing. So far now I'll just leave it at that, until we know a little more specifically what will be happening. Plus it'd be hard to explain it all simply in a blog. So when we get home we can maybe talk a bit more about that all, and hopefully we'll be closer to knowing exactly what will be happening.
We are looking forward to another weekend starting tomorrow, and that we can then say only 3 weeks left of classes. It's actually a month today that we will leave RGBI and head for home. YAY!!! I'll try not to mention this in every blog, but it is tempting, as then you can see how excited I must be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yep I can feel your excitement..but then why not?? No place like home!
I'm glad you have an idea where you will be situated and that friends will be 'near'.
Waiting to hear more about that..
Post a Comment