Monday, 10 May 2010

Feliz Día de las Madres (Happy Mother's Day)





Kind of a semi-tradition that the Anáhuac Church has is to do a church picnic. So we packed up our stuff and headed out to Sainapuchic. It is close to where the Steinrech Bible School is located.

Carlos was in charge of getting all the meat for the discada (disco), and away we went.
It seems that I always learn something new and interesting when we're together in a non church setting. The other day I saw a few of them sprinkling chili and lemon powder on an orange. Well, here at the picnic, I experienced something new. Chili powder on Watermelon. Forget the Rollkucken, eh? Brooklyn absolutely loved it. I eventually tried it too, and it wasn't that bad.
It was good to get out and do something like this together as a church family. Here's a few pictures showing some of the highlights.

Pine cones on a huge pine tree
Scenic Overview
Cooking the discada

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good yummy time. It's so nice to now have names to some of these faces! Like how little 'Neyton' made my day in your sunday morning church service:) That kiss during the service was just like I would of received back home. So sweet!!

Mom