Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Becky's Letter

Dear Wonderful Friends and Family,

I have received the results from my PET scan (full body) and CT scan of my brain. God has heard the cries of our heart and the tests came back CLEAR! That means NO MORE CANCER for me! Woo Hoo! The CT scan did reveal a cyst at the base of my brain, but my doctor told me not to worry, so I’m not going to. I will be starting 16 weeks of chemotherapy on Friday, my birthday! J This will be strong due to the type of cancer I had. I am still in some pain from the lung surgery and the chemo port implant, but I am feeling stronger each day and look forward to stronger days in my future.

Words can not express how much I appreciate all the love that has been shown to me during the last 6 weeks. Your prayers and concern for me has given me strength and comfort. I am overwhelmed by the cards, e-mail and gifts that I have received from many of you. Thank you for taking care of my family, also.

I told God that HE would receive all the glory in this situation, no matter the outcome, so I ask you to join me in giving HIM the glory for my health and the good report we received from the scan. Please continue to pray for me and my family as I begin the chemo treatments. It will be a long 16 weeks, but I know I can make it with God’s strength and the love and care of each of you.

God is Good!

Love, Becky

Jer. 33:3

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! What great news. :)