Sunday, 20 July 2008

Where Our Girls Are At...

It has been so long since I have updated anything on our girls. So it's time. Brooklyn is busy busy busy, keeping us on our toes constantly. She has struggled the last month or so with so much change and moving around, but now is slowly getting back to her usual self. It helps that we have finally been with her a whole week in one place. It was too hard on her with us leading SOLID and her going back and forth with my parents, and not seeing us much. So now we try and give her lots of attention. Another exciting note about Brooklyn is that she is still potty trained, even telling us most of the time when she has to go. We're so proud of her. And of course she is always making us laugh. Check out how she had to have her footwear in this picture. 2 year olds can be so much fun.


Emma is now 5 1/2 months old, and has just learned to sit on her own. I'm too scared to go far yet in case she falls but she's doing amazing. She also started eating baby cereal about a week ago and absolutely loves it. She has it twice a day already. And since starting that is giving me almost a whole night sleep. More of her personality has definitely been coming out the last few days, and I can tell she will try and put a lot of blame onto Brooklyn in the future. She's a very sensitive child, so she knows how she is feeling when, and can cry very easily if she wants to. Sometimes she won't stop crying until I am holding her. I kinda like that, Brooklyn never did that so it's kinda special. Emma is a cuddle child so we take advantage of that these days.


Tomorrow the four of us are going camping for a couple days. Spend time just the four of us, which we haven't done in quite awhile. After that we will visit a few more friends, and spend more time with my family. Then on August 2 we will be heading out to Texas for school. It is weird knowing the time is so close to say goodbye. We've been preparing for this for so long, and it's now here. I hate the goodbye part of leaving, I always wish we could just skip over that part. But I know that is all part of change, and coping with hard times. That is also why I never say goodbye. I say "see you later". For some reason it's much easier to say, maybe cause it isn't so definite. I'm going to start rambling soon as my emotions come, so for now I'm just going to say...talk to you all later:)

No comments: