Thursday, 27 September 2007

So Proud of Myself

Today I took Brooklyn to Anna's House for playtime. I am so proud of myself as it has taken months of trying to persuade myself to go. So thanks to some accountability from a friend we went together. For months I have noticed that it would really benefit Brooklyn to be around more kids, and to learn to play with them. I am one who is nervous to meet and talk with other moms. Yesterday I realized if I can't even do this in my own language where I am familiar, how will I ever meet other moms when we are in Mexico? That is one area I feel like I can minister and reach out, but I really need to get a bit more comfortable with it. So we went and it was fun. Mostly fun to see Brooklyn play around other kids her size and know there are others in the world like her. So hopefully now I will make more of an effort to go.

For those of you who haven't heard of Anna's House I'll explain a bit so you know what I am talking about. It is a family focused place moms can go, mostly for kids 0-5 years, to meet other moms and get great tips, advice, and resources. They have a few different programs for kids 0-12 months, and other programs offered every now and then for older kids. And for pregnant women like me they give out milk coupons and vitamins. YEPEE:) And every Thursday morning they have Playgroup where anyone can bring their kids and let them play with others, and enjoy a snack together. That is where we went today.

1 comment:

TheButterfly2 said...

good for you for getting out of your comfort zone! I know it can be hard to do. I have no problem going to these mom groups but I have a hard time making connections at them that last OUTSIDE of the group. So that's where I need some stretching.

Thanks for your comment on "pain for a purpose". I am really struggling with this decision.